PROCESSOS DE INSOLVÊNCIA EM PARAÍSOS FISCAIS
Data: 17/05/2019 - 09:00 às 11:00
Local: TMA Brasil (Avenida Engenheiro Luiz Carlos Berrini, 550 - Cidade Monções - Auditório)
11 3468-0110 - eventos [at] tmabrasil.org
Paul is a senior associate in Carey Olsen’s British Virgin Islands (BVI) dispute resolution and insolvency practice based in London, allowing him to offer BVI legal services on the ground in London.
Paul specialises in commercial litigation, insolvency and restructuring, handling both contentious disputes and pure insolvency matters for a wide portfolio of clients, including banks, private and listed companies, insolvency practitioners and high net worth individuals.
Paul has broad experience in handling cross-border insolvencies, complex and contentious claims for antecedent transactions/misfeasance and trust cases. He also regularly acts on an emergency basis to seek interim remedies, to include freezing injunctions and Norwich Pharmacal orders.
Paul studied law at Reading University before qualifying as a solicitor in England & Wales in 2012 (not currently practicing in England & Wales). He was admitted as a solicitor in BVI in 2016 and as a solicitor-advocate in 2018.
Prior to joining Carey Olsen, Paul worked for another offshore firm and a well- regarded transatlantic law firm.
Paul is a member of INSOL, the Recovery and Insolvency Specialists Association and R3.
Christopher joined KPMG BVI in 2015 having previously worked with a boutique corporate advisory firm in Australia. Prior to that he had worked for 10 years in Grant Thornton’s Transaction & Restructuring practices in London, Gibraltar and Mauritius.
Christopher has a broad range of restructuring, corporate finance and transaction advisory experience including a number of multi-jurisdictional engagements across financial services, retail, tourism and infrastructure.
• Court appointed joint Liquidator of a BVI company that was a significant joint shareholder in of the world's most luxurious hotel brands (Aman Resorts). The company has been involved in significant litigation in multiple jurisdictions regarding the ownership of the underlying assets and other asset tracing claims.
• Court appointed joint liquidator of a BVI investment fund with assets located in Switzerland and the Isle of Man.
• Court appointed joint liquidator of a BVI company involved in retail telecommunications.
• Court appointed receiver to a BVI incorporated holding company with real estate and other assets located in multiple jurisdictions. Our primary role was to secure and protect the assets subject to on-going legal proceedings.
• Court appointed receiver to multiple BVI companies acting as holding companies, with assets ranging from real estate to management contracts for luxury hotels located in South East Asia and China.
• Receivership over 75% of the shares in a BVI company with hotel management contracts and other assets located in Europe, the Middle East, South East Asia and China. The role included significant financial due diligence and sell side M&A assistance.
• Liquidation of a BVI registered investment fund with related entities based in the US, South Africa and Europe.
• Liquidation of a UK based insurance company and implementation of scheme of arrangement and Part VII portfolio transfers.
• Liquidation of Gibraltar based insurance and reinsurance companies and implementation of schemes of arrangement.
• Personal Representative to, and administration of, the BVI Estate of a deceased individual.
• Voluntary liquidator of numerous solvent liquidations of stand-alone entities and BVI companies within group structures.